Friday, June 13, 2014

What's On My Kindle?

photo source
Seeing as it's finally summer I am really excited to start my summer reading! Reading is one of my absolute favorite things about the summer since I don't have nearly as much time to do it throughout the rest of the year. I've kind of made it a tradition to pick out a bunch of books that I want to read at the beginning of the summer and then see how many I've been able to check off my list by the end of the season. I am a preeeetty slow reader so I'm sure my final count is nowhere near as big as other peoples' but I just love it so much regardless of my snail-like reading pace. 

To kick off my 2014 summer reading I want to share what I have lined up on my Kindle (favorite thing!) ready and waiting to be read so far. Here we go! 

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
The premise that a wife finds a secret letter from her husband to be read on the occasion of his death while he is still very much alive totally hooked me! I needed to know what was in that letter! Already finished this one, review coming soon! 

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
I am a sucker for books that are made into movies. I love comparing the original story to the on-screen version so I was determined to read this before seeing the movie. I also really love a good romance so this was right up my alley. I literally just finished The Fault in Our Stars so there's another upcoming review.

Reclaiming the Sand by A. Meredith Walters
This one is by an author that I have really grown to love. I've technically read five of her books (two were novellas I believe) and have really loved them all. Her Find You in the Dark series is pretty much my favorite. Like ever. So, of course I'm excited to read something else by her. Reclaiming the Sand seems like maybe another sort of twisted love story which A. Meredith Walters is very good at writing. 

Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver
I finished the first book in the Delirium series on our cruise over Spring Break and I really liked it. The idea of love being considered a disease is just so crazy to me! Not to mention the first book ends with a bit of a cliffhanger so I am anxious to see how the story continues in Pandemonium. 

The Death Cure (Maze Runner #3) by James Dashner 
I've read the first two books of this series and while they are not my favorite I still find the overall plot really interesting and basically want to get my questions answered! This is one of those series that leaves the reader in the dark about a lot of things and little by little reveals what's really going on so that always keeps me coming back. Also, they released the trailer for the first Maze Runner movie and, of course, I need to finish the series before it comes out! 

Entwined with You (Crossfire #3) by Sylvia Day
These books are my not-so-guilty pleasure. Think Fifty Shades of Grey but a little bit better. I am not ashamed! 

The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth 
Now, I have seen the Divergent movie but I've heard such good things that I downloaded the entire series to my Kindle and will still read it. I loved The Hunger Games so much so I need another dystopian trilogy in my life! 


I can't guarantee that I'll finish all of these but I have sneaking suspicion that I will. I usually do randomly find more books I just have to read right now as time goes on but I am really excited about what's on my Kindle right now. Look out for book reviews as I slowly, but surely, check these off my list!

-Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment