Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pinteresting: Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt!

I'm just going to put this out there: I am absolutely obsessed with Pinterest! There, I said it. I can spend hours pinning anything and everything. I love finding fun projects, recipes...anything really, and using them in my own life. That's why I am going to be sharing the most (P)interesting pins I've found and how I've made them work for me. First up, something delicious...

I had been looking around Pinterest for ideas for some healthy snacks when I came across this little beauty: Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt! Check out the original pin by clicking on "photo source" below.



The original pin provided a super simple recipe for this really yummy snack/dessert. I tried it out and loved it right away but decided to make one tiny change. The original used a tablespoon of peanut butter and while that was great, I thought it would taste even more like cookie dough if I used ...(dramatic pause)... COOKIE BUTTER! 


Now, if you've never experienced the wonder that is cookie butter, that discussion is for a whole 'nother post. Just know that it is scrumptious, buttery, goodness that looks like peanut butter but tastes like cookies. Thank goodness for Trader Joe's!!! Moving on...

Here's what my first try ended up looking like:


Important note: Yes, the first time I made this I did use the fat free Oikos Greek yogurt. It was definitely good but NOT as good as it was when I switched to the fat free Fage Greek yogurt. Fage is way creamier which lends itself to being a lot more cookie dough-like. 

I take no credit for this recipe, just wanted to share this yumminess with anyone who reads. Here is the recipe for this easy but incredibly tasty treat, with my one change added in as an option. Yum!

Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt

-Start with one cup Greek yogurt of your choice  and add...
-1 tbsp creamy peanut butter OR cookie butter!
-1 tsp honey
-1/4 tsp vanilla extract
-1 tbsp miniature chocolate chips
-a dash of sea salt (this, to me, is the secret to making it taste like actual cookie dough)

That's it, mix all that together and you've got one seriously tasty treat!

-Lindsay 

1 comment: