Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Girls Getaway on the Norwegian Getaway!

Spring begins this Thursday and every teacher knows what that means: SPRING BREAK! Mine is next week and I cannot wait. My mom is a travel agent and she got us an absolutely incredible travel agent rate for a 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the brand new Norwegian Getaway! When I say brand new, I mean it literally has only been sailing for two months!

This will be my third cruise (you'll be hearing about our honeymoon cruise on the Disney Fantasy in my wedding series!). Something I love about cruising is that more and more the ships are becoming destinations unto themselves, particularly the ships built within the past few years. Each one has their own special features and is a unique experience. Sure, ships from the same cruise line may have some similar aspects but no two seem to be exactly the same.

As I prepare for this awesome girls trip I thought it would be fun to share what I am most excited about experiencing on the new Norwegian Getaway!


Legally Blonde the Musical

The Norwegian Getaway's headliner night time show is Legally Blonde! I absolutely love musical theater and all things Broadway. Even though I've only seen it as an MTV special, Legally Blonde the Musical is one of my absolute favorites. It may not be quite as sophisticated as some of my other favorites but it is tons of fun and the songs are so catchy! My favorite color is also pink sooooo Legally Blonde is kind of a given.

As far as I can tell it should be the full, unabridged show but I'll have to report back on that after I've seen it. I can't wait!

The Ropes Course

The Getaway's three-story sports complex features the largest ropes course at sea! I've been pumped about this since the second I heard they had a ropes course. To be totally honest, I've only been on one ropes course in my life and it maaaay have been more geared towards kids. Who knows, it may be huge and I may end up chickening out but hopefully that won't be the case. Speaking of chickening out, did I mention there is a part called The Plank that extends 8 feet out over the edge of the ship!? We'll see if that happens! Stay tuned!

Illusionarium

The Illusionarium is a specially created space that hosts a combination dinner/magic show. That's really the best I can describe it without having seen it yet. The space itself seems to be incredible and, from what I've heard, so are the performances. I am so intrigued by this!

Spa Thermal Suite

What girl doesn't look forward to a spa? The Norwegian Getaway's spa has a section called the Thermal Suite that has everything you could hope for for relaxation. It has a steam room, a dry sauna, Vitality pool, hot tubs, waterfalls, heated tile loungers, and even a salt room! You can buy either a day pass or a pass for the week. We hope to snag one for the full seven days!


The Music

I teach music so it should come as no surprise that I am excited about all the live music offerings on this cruise. Live music is a big aspect of any cruise, really, but this ship boasts some really awesome musical performances.


The Getaway has a venue called The Grammy Experience that features a Grammy-nominated or Grammy-winning performer every night! Sure, they probably won't be the biggest names you've heard in your life but being nominated for a Grammy is a pretty huge thing and anyone who's earned that honor is definitely worth your time. At this point I can't say I've ever seen a Grammy-nominated artist perform live so I can't wait to check that off of my bucket list!

Another awesome musical performance I can't wait for on the ship is the Howl at the Moon dueling pianos show in their comedy club, Headliners. If you've never seen dueling pianos you really should! You'll hear lots of your favorite songs, see two really talented musicians, and have a blast! We did Howl at the Moon in Destin, FL as a part of my bachelorette weekend and it was a highlight of the trip!


I'm sure I'll have lots more to say about the Norwegian Getaway when we get back. Does anyone have any fun travel plans?

-Lindsay


2 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds wonderful! I have been on many cruises and several of them have been Norwegian and I totally agree that the ship itself is part of the destination! The musical sounds fantastic as does the spa. And OMG you forgot to mention all the food..lol! You are going to have a blast! I'm anxious to see who the Grammy nominated artists are so be sure to report back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous. I'm not doing anything this spring break and am totally sad about that fact! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete