Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My Second Star to the Right

"The second star to the right shines in the night for you, to tell you that the dreams you plan really can come true."
This quote is my inspiration for this blog. What I love about it is that while it seems to be the typical Disney, "when you wish upon a star" kind of idea, it actually contains a bit of self responsibility. This line from the classic Disney song "The Second Star to the Right" holds the dreamer accountable in that it tells us that the dreams we plan really can come true. As in nothing is going to just fall in our laps but anything is possible if we are willing to do the work.
This reminds me of another quote I've come across (admittedly, on Pinterest) that says "She turned her can'ts into cans and her dreams into plans." Those same two words.
To me, both sayings communicate the idea that there is nothing at all wrong with dreaming, they actually encourage dreaming, but you have to make something of those dreams. Personally, I do a lot of dreaming but I don't always do what needs to be done to make those dreams a reality. So many seemingly unachievable things in life could be more easily attained if we formulated a plan and put it into action.
So, I hope that this blog will act as my second star to the right, my very own Neverland. A place to keep my thoughts, dreams, and plans so that I can return to them and turn some dreams into realities. Here, I plan to write about anything from the tiniest musings to the biggest life goals. As Walt would say, if you can dream it you can do it!
"And when our journey is through, each time we say goodnight, we'll thank the little star that shines, the second on the right."
-Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment